Finding a Tenant quickly
Strong marketing is crucial in helping to find the right Tenant. At Lawsons we strive to :
- Maintain strong presence online with front page Google presence
- Heavily promote website links with rightmove.co.uk, to achieve maximum exposure for your property. We now get 90% of our enquiries from our internet sites, links and search engines
- Utilize state-of-the-art technology to instantly update Tenants as soon as a property is available with email and SMS text alerts, to match would-be Tenants with their ideal property quickly
- Maintain contact with major companies in the Midlands who regularly transfer staff to the area
- Use the latest technology, including aerial views, multi map, google directions and full photographic details downloadable online through our computer system
- Add more Tenants to our database daily, which has more than 1000 potential clients actively looking for accommodation at any one time
Buying the right property: How we can help
After showing tens of thousands of Tenants around thousands of properties and hearing every objection possible, we know what Tenants want from a property, and can advise you of the most suitable properties to buy.
Most demand comes from people moving into the area for work, who are generally aged 25-40. They demand a better quality of rented accommodation, and are prepared to pay extra for that quality. We use this knowledge to advise Landlords when buying properties. See further details of our Property Acquisition service in the Investors’ section.
Getting the most for your money: Maximising your investment
We keep our Landlords one step ahead – by ensuring they are offering the best quality accommodation around. The better the property is presented, the higher the rent, and the more quickly it will be let.
We will give you honest advice, such as:
- Ensure first impressions are good, with clean and tidy frontages
- Have a well-ordered kitchen, with clean units and appliances
- Make sure decoration is in good order throughout
- Your furnishings should comply with regulations, and any damaged items should be replaced
Keeping up with trends: Achieving the best returns
We understand that the Midlands rental sector has developed quickly and is rapidly heading towards the market trends of London, Europe and America, where Tenants demand higher quality accommodation closer to work, with greater flexibility.
We know from liaising closely with potential Tenants, what they want from a property, and can share this knowledge with Landlords – so you know you’re providing the kind of home people genuinely want to rent.
Protecting your interests
Once a Tenant is found, the hard work begins.
- We negotiate terms and obtain electoral roll information, credit searches, employer or accountant and Landlord references. If it is a company let, then trade references are also sought and a company search carried out
- Our dedicated clerk will prepare a detailed inventory, and can also offer a photographic inventory
- We use cutting-edge IT systems to continually monitor your account with monthly statements issued
- We have extensive knowledge and experience of all the tenancy laws to ensure your property is successfully managed and you never fall foul of the law
- Our tenancy agreements are constantly updated taking into account current legal practices and fair terms
- A security deposit is taken before the Tenant signs a contract, from which costs will be deducted if any work is needed at the end of the tenancy due to damage caused by the Tenant, subject to the rules of the TDS
Rent Recovery Plus & Legal Protection
For Landlords who wish to protect their rental income we can purchase a Rent Recovery Plus product via HomeLet and note you as having an “interest in “ this policy. Having an interest in this policy means that you may be able to benefit should a successful claim be made.
Brief details of the product are below:
· Eviction of Tenants for non-payment of rent
· Eviction of unauthorised occupants
· Eviction of tenants following an expired section 21 notice
· Eviction of a tenant following a claim for possession in accordance with section 2 of The Housing Act 1996
· Legal Expenses limit of up to £50,000
· Up to a maximum of 5 month’s rent payments from the date of the first arrears
· Can also pay 2 months at 50% of the rent payable once vacant possession has been obtained and the property is being re-advertised
What about all the legislation?
We can give you all the advice you need on works required to ensure compliancy to current regulations for letting at the initial appraisal
We take keeping up-to-date with relevant laws very seriously, all our staff attend monthly meetings to be updated and regular in house and external training to learn and develop their legal knowledge and to be kept up to date, so you can always be assured to receive the latest information from our team.
Letting a property can be a legal minefield. That’s why we keep you in the picture too.
You can rest assured we will :
- Keep you up-to-date on all the current legislation you need to know about
- Arrange all the safety checks needed to ensure your property is fully compliant
- Supply trusted contractors to carry out any works needed, at your request
- Arrange all your tenancy agreements and any notices required throughout your tenancy and will advise on the one which best suit your needs
Help with selling your property on to other investors
If you have a property which is tenanted, which you would like to sell, Lawsons can assist you by adding the details to our extensive database of people looking to buy such properties. We act on behalf of the purchaser, and so offer this service free of charge to the vendor.